Varsity Boys Team
Head Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
Hi, my name is Kendrick Warren and I’m the Boy’s Varsity Basketball Coach. I am a proud graduate of Thomas Jefferson High School Class of 1990. Having played 4 years of varsity basketball and earning several achievements such as 4x All-Metro player, 3x ALL State player, 4x All Colonial District team, 1990 McDonald’s All -American, 1990 Parade Magazine All -American and 1990 Street and Smith Magazine All - American. I attended VCU from 1990 to 1994 earning several achievements. I was inducted into the VCU Hall of Fame and had my jersey # 23 retired. I completed my time there as a college basketball all-American and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice. After my time at VCU, I went on to have a successful pro career for 10 years playing in several different countries. In 2004, I returned to Richmond and in 2009, I accepted the head coaching job at my alma mater. In 2018, I had the honor of being inducted into The Richmond Public Schools Athletic Hall of Fame.
My philosophy of basketball is:
Playing an uptempo-style transition basketball on offense to create easy points. On defense, our philosophy is to create turnovers and play strong defense
What should prospective players expect if they join the basketball team?
- To work hard
- Improve their skills
- Family atmosphere
How should they reach out to you if they are interested?
The RAP Rules
- You represent your school, community, and team. Conduct yourself in an appropriate way.
- Take responsibility for your actions. Do not make excuses.
- It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you have practice attire and uniform ready.
- Make a commitment to excellence in the classroom, on the court, and off the court. You are a student before you are an athlete. Keep up your GPA. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility for basketball.
- You must meet VHSL academic rules to participate
- Grades are checked every Friday
- Poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated.
- Do not talk back to coaches, teachers, or officials. We will discuss calls with the officials, NOT you.
- Give 100% of your effort, 100% of the time.
- Basketball is fun, let us work together, win some games, and have a great time.
1. You are to attend all meetings, practices, and games.
2. You are expected to be on time to all practices and games.
3. Compete at all times
Assistant Coach Chuck Johnson
Assistant Coach Henry Dillard
Assistant Coach Tionne Cunningham
Junior Varsity Team
Head JV Boys Basketball Coach Autry Morgan