School Counseling Overview
The mission of School Counseling at Thomas Jefferson High School is to provide high quality, comprehensive school counseling services to all students. Our programs are designed to help all students develop and enhance their academic, social, career and personal strengths in order to become responsible and productive citizens. There is a commitment to each student’s unique identity and the maximum development of human potential.
The Thomas Jefferson School Counseling Department seeks to empower all students to reach their maximum potential by encouraging personal inquiry and growth, social responsibility, and academic excellence.
The School Counselors of Thomas Jefferson believe:
- All students can achieve at high levels
- Every student is valuable and is treated with dignity and respect
- All students will have access to high quality school counseling services, provided by a full time, licensed, professional school counselor.
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial differences are considered in the design and delivery of school counseling services.
- All students can expect that school is a safe and nurturing environment.
High school years encourage continued awareness and exploration activities, learning is focused on skill development and planning activities, and learning is focused on:
- Transition to Post-Secondary Education
- Improving Academic self-efficacy
- Respecting self and others
- Relating school to life
Click here http://rvaschools.net/tjschoolcounselorshelpform or follow the above QR code to our Guidance Department School Counselor and Student Connections Google Form
Tee Jay School Counselors are here to serve! Click School Counselors on the upper left to learn more about our team.
Each has an area of responsibility. All are willing to help when you need them.
Willie Dupree, School Counseling Department Head: firstname.lastname@example.org; ALL IB Students
Rahmah Johnson, School Counselor: email@example.com; Students A-J
Redell Thomas, School Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org: Students K-Z